The leaves are falling, there’s a pumpkin on almost every porch, and you’ve broken out your coziest sweaters and scarves. It’s that time again—autumn in Delaware! If you’re looking for some family-friendly fall events in Middletown, you’re in luck. Read on to see some of the fun things to do with your family and friends this month in New Castle County.
Fall Fido Festival
- Who: Your family – including the furry ones!
- What: Fall Fido Festival
- When: November 2nd, 11 am – 3 pm
- Where: Concord Pet Foods & Supplies (Middletown Crossing), 340 Main Street
Join some furry friends for a fundraiser event to raise money for two local animal rescues, Tanner’s Endless Love and Daawgs Rescues. For $10 admission, guests can enjoy games and activities, receive a goody bag, and enter to win one of the amazing raffle prizes. There will also be food trucks on site with food and drinks available for purchase.
Firelight Friday at The Nest
- Who: All are welcome
- What: Firelight Friday
- When: November 8th, 7:30 pm – 10 pm
- Where: The Nest, 215 N. Cass, Middletown, DE
What could be more autumnal than cozying up to a toasty fire? Come hang out by the fire pit at The Nest for s’mores, warm drinks, and even warmer conversation.
Bright Pin Cosmic Bowling at Mid County Lanes
- Who: Your faves!
- What: Bright Pin Cosmic Bowling
- When: Every Friday 9 pm – midnight and every Saturday 7 pm – midnight
- Where: Mid County Lanes, 875 North Broad Street
Whether you’re planning a family fun night with your kids, a double date with friends, or a siblings-only night out, Cosmic Bowling at Mid County Lanes is a surefire hit and a great way to get out of the cold and still have some active fun! Join us from 7 pm to 9 pm for Early Bird pricing of just $30 per lane per hour. Regular price is $35 per lane per hour from 9 pm to midnight. Throw a strike with the bright pin as the head pin and win a chance to spin our prize wheel!
Please note, we allow a maximum 5 bowlers per lane. Don’t forget to bring socks, and remember, shoe rental is not included in the lane price.
47th Annual Newark Turkey Trot
- Who: (Human) runners, walkers, and trotters – no pets, please!
- What: Turkey Trot 10k/5k race and fun run
- When: Saturday, November 23rd, 8 am (registration), 9 am (10k start), 10:30 am (5k start)
- Where: Handloff Park, 1000 Barksdale Road, Newark, DE
Lace up your running shoes and get ready to burn off some calories on the Saturday before Thanksgiving! The Turkey Trot features a USATF Certified course of rolling hills in a residential neighborhood. 10k runners will run the course twice. The first 800 registered participants will receive long sleeve t-shirts, there will also be post-race refreshments and a raffle. This event not only promises to be fun, but also benefits a great cause! The funds raised through the event will go to the James F. Hall Scholarship Fund, which provides tuition assistance to youth who would otherwise be unable to participate in Newark Parks and Recreation Department programs. There will also be a coat drive to benefit local people in need.