It’s no secret that extracurricular activities are important for students. Not only is it good for kids to make new friends and try new things, but colleges definitely look at extracurriculars on applications. Here are some reasons to consider bowling, whether through a league or with family and friends, as an extracurricular for your kids!
- Teamwork. Like all team sports, league bowling teaches participants how to work together towards a common goal. When your performance affects more people than just you, it encourages you to work hard, grow, and learn to be better.
- Social Interaction. Millions of people from all walks of life bowl every year. Getting to know people you might not otherwise have met in school is a great benefit of all team sports, including bowling.
- It’s Different! Lots of kids play baseball, soccer, or football. If you really want your kids’ extracurricular activities to stand out in college applications, consider something a little more unique.
- Scholarship Opportunities. Did you know that many tournaments have cash or scholarship prizes? Mid County Lanes hosts tournaments all year long, from local games all the way up to the national level.
- It’s Fun. Bowling can be as casual or as competitive as each participant wants, even in a league. Remember, kids won’t stick with extracurricular activities they don’t enjoy. It’s flexible and fun, and ultimately that’s what’s going to keep kids interested!
If you think bowling may be right for you or your kids, don’t hesitate to contact Mid County Lanes in Middletown! Our friendly, dedicated staff are here to answer your questions and help you get started.